Saturday, October 2, 2010

Things I wish I could have taken pictures of:

As anyone who has ever walked any European streets can tell you, if you want to drive a car, you have to not have any particular attachment to your bumper. They are bumped. Frequently. By other bumpers.

Today, I saw a line of cars parked with little more than an inch and a half separating them. I wish I had a camera so I could prove I'm not exaggerating.

As I was walking around town, I walked past an entrance to a church with a bunch of trampled rose petals and rice leading in. The residue of the happy start of a couple's new life together made me smile. I wish I had a picture of it.

Luckily, I do have a webcam on my computer, so I could take a picture of this:

That's me pretending to sleep on my new bed! I love my sheet set (you can see the pattern on the pillow). Cheap too! 15€ for a fitted sheet, a top sheet, and a pillow case. I'm also under my new blanket. It's fleecy and warm, and the pattern I think is homey-looking. It's green, too, which is both my Chris's and my sister's favorite color. And for only 9€... How could I possibly say no?

I love my room. It's big, the bed is comfortable, and it's very... tranquil. Whoever lived here last also left a bunch of pictures that I just so happen to like on the wardrobe, so it even feels personalized.

Next week promises to be a busy one... My full schedule of classes will actually start. And probably quite a bit of note-taking and reading as well.

Once I pick my one or two classes to drop it won't feel so crazy I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, get your rest, sounds like a busy week ahead.

    Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had a camera!!! Can you get one? Can I send you one???? I will get you one today. Please just let me know. I love that I have your address. Let me know if there is any way I can help you to get a new camera. Thanks for writing!
    Love, Mom
    ps - took Jack to the river. He and Beau are buds now. He had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete