Thursday, September 2, 2010

Odds and Ends

So, yesterday we went to/inside the Catedral de Isabela la Católica. It was a beautiful, amazing place that I will post about, but since my last post was about the excursion through the Sierra Nevadas, I figured I should go through a few basic checkups before I overload you guys with too much awesome =D.

I believe I found my apartment! It's really close to the university in an area of town that I am more than familiar with. The place has three Spaniards living there currently (one is going to study abroad for the year so I will take her place for the semester). The bedrooms are spacious. There's a glass-enclosed balcony (to keep the cold air out in the winter) and, most importantly, they have a kitty cat!!! It's inexpensive, too. The only thing that makes me hesitate is they are on a year-long contract, so in mid-late February, I will need to find someone to replace me. Since that's when the people coming to study here for the Spring show up, I have heard it's a fairly simple task, but it does make me hesitate nonetheless. I will probably get back to her sometime this weekend.

A handful of us chicas are going dress shopping today! Should be fun... I can't spend too much money because of my current debit card issue, but I might get a skirt or dress if I can find a cute one for a good price.

Classes are going pretty well, I think. I will admit I need to put more time into doing homework though... We don't get too much homework, but there is so much here keeping me busy that I should probably take my time a little more with it.

I can't believe it's been over two weeks already. But I continue to see more and more of Granada each day, and I just absolutely LOVE it here... I wish my American people could see this...

Sean, Aimee, and I went to another tetería recently!! I will probably go at least once a week. Those places are just so amazing, comfortable, relaxed, and beautiful. Plus, the tea is AMAZING!

This is a Paquistaní tea. It's a Granada specialty and the locals LOVE it. So do I! It's sweet, spicy, creamy, and perfect. Their milk teas they brew directly into hot milk, as you can see. It's so tasty.

Today is Kirsten's birthday. Today at lunch, I went around to a few tables and told them to watch me and when I counted to three we were gonna sing. It was PERFECT. We got the whole cafeteria to simultaneously break out into a good old American Happy Birthday chorus. It was awesome and she was embarrassed, as any good birthday girl should be. We're going to get her a cake later, too, but shh don't tell ;).

Overall, life has been amazing and full of adventure. Now that we're all finally settling into it, it's really starting to feel like another home.

I would love to hear from you, so please email me, facebook me, or comment on my blog!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good little birthay party set-up girl!! That sounds like it would have been fun. I reall wish I could try some of that milk-brewed tea. Sounds interesting. Probably loses some of the benefit tea has for you, but what a treat!!! Well, it's a busy night. Bible study night again. Made meatballs and having them with ravioli and a large salad!! Hope everything is good. Wish you and Chris were here to enjoy it with us!! Miss you.
    Love you very much!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete